Minecraft on 360

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minecraft on 360

Post by Zeus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 am

This release is a bit pointless for PC owners. Wanna know why?
Well here's how to play Minecraft on your jumbo TV, with an Xbox controller, and still be able to play on the online servers you know and love:

Step 1. Get an Xbox 360 controller and the wireless adaptor for connecting it to a computer.

Step 2. Make sure you have a laptop with HDMI support and a HDMI cable.

Step 3. Go onto Minecraft.net on your computer. Put it fullscreen.

Step 4. Connect it to your TV using the HDMI cable.
You should be able to play Minecraft while looking at your television.

You can play Minecraft like this with your keyboard and mouse, but if you want it to be almost exactly like playing on console, do this:

Step 5. Download a program like JoyToKey, which is a simple to use program that allows you to assign keys and mouse movements to your USB controller or Xbox controller.

Step 6. Customize the controls to your liking (the advantage here over Xbox is that you can assign the buttons to wherever you want).

Step 7. Play Minecraft with a controller like a boss.
The only side effect of this is no Xbox Live party chat while playing, but you can easily sort this out with Skype or something similar.

So yeah, I hope I've saved some people a bit of money with this post. Shocked
I just think it's stupid having this game on the Xbox when the multiplayer will probably be shit anyway (if there is any at all).

Last edited by God on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Zeus
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft on 360

Post by Sam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:00 am

What if you cannot afford a good computer, and have an xbox? On the computer, it'd be laggy and the fog would be up high.
But I see your point

Sam
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:03 am

Sam wrote:What if you cannot afford a good computer, and have an xbox? On the computer, it'd be laggy and the fog would be up high.
But I see your point

Yeah, I get where you're coming from but my computer is extremely old and still manages to play Minecraft on full settings, plus I doubt the Xbox version is going to have as good quality as the PC.

Zeus
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:13 am

God wrote:
Sam wrote:What if you cannot afford a good computer, and have an xbox? On the computer, it'd be laggy and the fog would be up high.
But I see your point

Yeah, I get where you're coming from but my computer is extremely old and still manages to play Minecraft on full settings, plus I doubt the Xbox version is going to have as good quality as the PC.

My computer is really new, but lags like shit when playing minecraft on low settings, you have a good computer, I have a shit one, haha Cool

Sam
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:24 am

Sam wrote:
God wrote:
But I see your point

My computer is really new, but lags like shit when playing minecraft on low settings, you have a good computer, I have a shit one, haha Cool

That's very weird. My crappy PC lags even when just browsing the internet and takes years to start up, but plays MC perfectly. I dunno.

Zeus
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top